What is Automated Toner Fulfilment (ATF)?
Automated Toner Fulfilment aka ATF, is a fully automated system that allows devices to order their own toner. Using PrintFleet's Data Collection Agent (DCA), ACM CONNECT monitors devices at an end customer site, receiving updates from the device itself when it requires toner. ACM CONNECT will use API calls which will trigger an EDI order. ACM will receive the order and pack and ship the order without any manual intervention.
What devices are optimal for Automated Toner Fulfilment (ATF)?
Not all devices are optimal for an ATF contract. Some devices only report in Status (OK, Warning, Critical) and as such are more complex to predict. An ideal device for an ATF will be able to report independent supply values in percentages.
What is the cost of this service?
Managed devices will be at no charge as long as replenishment orders generate at least 4 cartridges per year, per device.
How do I learn how to use the system/portal?
You will receive a detailed user manual upon sign-up. We have two video based training, which can be found above.
For additional support, please email:
What type of end-users (customers) would be a good fit for ACM CONNECT?
Customers who have a minimum of 10 devices and have high printing activities. Common industries are healthcare, education, financial institutions, legal and information technology (IT).
How do I know if ACM carries the supply for a certain devices?
In the device list, check the Serviceability field, if the field status indicates "Supported" then ACM can ship supplies for this device. However, if the Serviceability shows "unsupported" and you wish to notify ACM that you would like this product to be included, ensure that the "Service Demand" status = "Managed". This will send ACM a notification that you are interested in the supply.
NOTE: Remember that unless the "ASR-ready" field has a green check mark no supplies will be delivered.
Who do I contact if I need support with ACM CONNECT?
For Technical Support, please contact
What percentage do you recommend for toner orders to be shipped?
The percentage will vary depending on the device usage. 10% remaining for one device could mean that the supply will be empty in less than a day; for another device 10% could last for 6+ months. This is why ACM CONNECT has partnered with PrintFleet as they use unique algorithms to determine how much time in days until a device requires a supply. This is called Estimated Days to Empty (EDTE). Using EDTE, ACM CONNECT offers "Predictive Replenishment".
What is Predictive Replenishment?
Predictive Replenishment is the ability to forecast and ship all the supplies required during a specified period (reorder period) in one consolidated order. This allows customers (end-users) to save money on shipping costs while ensuring that the appropriate supplies are delivered proactively. To be able to do this we consider many factors:
- Order Lead Time – the number of days between the receipt of the order at the distributor and delivery of the product at the end customer. This is a system setting (3 days) which is not configurable by customers.
- Reorder Date – the frequency, in days, for the order to be received at the end customer. This is a system setting (28 days) which is not configurable by customers.
- Supply Level Marker Threshold % – the percentage level that will trigger an order if a supply goes below this percentage. Customers have the ability to set Supply Level Market Thresholds percentage at the customer level and the device level.
- Security Level – if a supply was not shipped as part of the reorder shipment, an order will be shipped if the supply level falls below this percentage. This is a system setting (5%) which is not configurable by customers. This setting is protecting customers against the unpredictable and should be set to a lower value than the Supply Level Marker Threshold %.
- Replacement Level – the percentage level used to determine that a supply has been replaced. This is a system setting (90%) which is not configurable by customers.
What differentiates ACM CONNECT from other toner fulfillment solutions?
ACM CONNECT powered by Printfleet is an out of the box web-based solution that utilizes Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) to allow a managed printer to order its own consumables based on its unique usage metrics. Leverage the Internet. Leverage your data. You are now able to do so with an industrial strength, reliable and secure platform. You will also receive technical support for the portal direct from the software manufacturer.
Our Predictive Replenishment algorithm makes a huge difference:
- Consolidation to save on shipping costs.
- Including flexibility to specify percentage (%) remaining at each device.